Space Force™ octo
The Next Frontier in LED Space / Soft lighting
Introducing the new Chroma-Q® Space Force™ octo LED fixture - the next frontier in space lighting. The Space Force™ octo is a cutting-edge variable white LED Space Light that is a modern replacement for conventional space lights or soft light sources commonly used in film and TV studios around the world. The Space Force™ benefits from cool running, energy efficiency, lightweight design, and minimum maintenance. CCT tuneable between 2,800K and 6,000K, and natively single source, the diffuse nature of its output negates the need for silks or skirts. Extensive RDM functionality is provided through wired, or the optional LumenRadio CRMX, connections.
Hanging options include a standard bridle, optional yoke, and a low-profile hanging bracket.
- Comparable to a traditional 6kW fixture
- Up to 26,700 lumens
- Variable white – 2,800K to 6,000K
- Only 8kg / 17.6lb
- No fans, no noise
- Smooth, soft uniform beam
- Variable PWM flicker-free operation
- Multiple hanging options
- Wireless DMX / RDM
- Superior unit-to-unit consistency
- Chroma-Q's proven LED performance
Space Force™ octo Ordering Options
Smooth, Soft Output
The Space Force™ octo is a highly efficient and natively single source, removing the need for skirts or silks to diffuse the light.
As a result of its low profile, lightweight (only 8 kg / 17.6 lbs), and skirt-free design, the Space Force™ octo is quick and easy to set up at any height.
A Variable White Light for Every Application
The Space Force™ octo is available as a variable white 2,800K – 6,000K. Every unit is factory calibrated, to ensure consistent output and colour temperature.
The Space Force™ octo uses a fraction of the power required by conventional fixtures while delivering all of the performance you require - providing an output of up to 26,700 lumens, which is comparable to a traditional 6kW fixture. Not only is the power consumption lower, but so too is the heat produced - ensuring a cooler environment and lower air conditioning costs.
Using the same proven convection cooling technology found in other Chroma-Q® LED models - which eliminates the need for noisy cooling fans - the Space Force™ octo provides totally silent running in operation.
The Space Force™ octo utilises LED technology to ensure consistent long-life performance - removing the need for costly regular maintenance associated with conventional fixtures.
High Colour Rendering Indexes
The Space Force™ octo provides high color rendering indexes, which are requirements for light sources used in the film and TV industry to ensure accurate colour rendering.
Theatrical Grade Dimming
All Chroma-Q® products come with theatrical grade dimming, and the Space Force™ octo is no exception. This technique emulates the extremely smooth dimming curve of a tungsten fixture, ensuring there is no stepping on the output. This allows the output to be smoothly controlled even at the low end of the dimming curve.
Built to Last
Built to last, the Space Force requires minimal maintenance and retains colour consistency between units owing to our LED emitter inspection and proprietary ColorSure™ LED calibration system.
The Space Force™ octo features adjustable PWM frequencies to provide flicker-free operation on even the most demanding shoots.
Unlike conventional fixtures, the Space Force™ octo has onboard power and control electronics - eliminating costly power cables and the need for dimmer racks. Control of colour temperature and intensity is available via DMX wired, the optional LumenRadio CRMX wireless, or locally via the onboard encoders.
Versatile Mounting Options
The Space Force™ octo features multiple mounting options. In addition to a built-in standard bridle and suspension hanger brackets for stacking multiple units together, optional accessories include a manual yoke and a low-profile hanging bracket.
Full Range Of Accessories
For real versatility, the Space Force™ octo is available with a range of optional accessories, including a black mini skirt, soft egg crate, cyc skirt/silk, soft target kit, and a soft lantern. In addition, the optional LumenRadio connectivity is also available as a user-installed accessory, for retro-fitting if required at a later date.
- Space Force™ Brochure (Française)
- Space Force™ Brochure (English)
- Space Force™ Architectural Specifications
- Space Force™ Spec Sheet
- Space Force™ User Manual V2.0
- Space Force™ Quick Start Guide V2.0
- Space Force™ Software_Adr_V1.7_Eng_V3.3
- Space Force™ Exploded Diagram
- Space Force™ IES
- Space Force™ Photometric Table v3-22-27
- Space Force™ CAD Symbol
- Space Force™ LPHB 2D Symbols DWG
- Space Force™ LPHB 3D Symbols DWG
- Chroma-Q VectorWorks Symbols
- Space Force™ Declaration of Origin
- Space Force™ Declaration of Conformity
- Space Force™ Tech Bulletin
- Download All
|Product Code||CHSPFV - Space Force octo Variable No Yoke, No Power Cable, BK
CHSPFVLR - Space Force octo Variable, RF Installed, No Yoke, No Power Cable, BK
CHSPFVW - Space Force octo Variable No Yoke, No Power Cable, WH
|Net Dimensions (WxHxD)||655mm x 203mm x 655mm / 25.8" x 8" x 25.8"|
|Net Weight||8kg / 17.6lb|
|Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD)||737mm x 737mm x 254mm / 29" x 29" x 10"|
|Shipping Weight||11kg / 24lb|
|Power Input Rating||100-240V AC 50-60Hz 400VA|
|Power Consumption||333W @ 120V AC, 331W @ 230V AC|
|Inrush Current||56A @ 120V AC, 82A @ 230V AC|
|Idle Power Consumption||18W @ 120/230V AC|
|Residual Current (max.)||0.4 mA|
|Power Connectors In/Out||powerCON TRUE1|
|Data Connector In/Out||XLR 5-pin|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C|
|Control Protocol||ANSI E1.20 RDM over ANSI E1.11 USITT DMX 512-A|
|Construction||Powder Coated Aluminium|
|Built-In Hardware||Suspension Hanger Brackets|
|Approvals||CISPR 22:2008 / EN55022:2010 (Class A), & CISPR 24:2010 / EN55024:2010, FCC Part 15 Subpart B:2015, ICES-003:2012; UL 1573:2003 / R:2014-01, CSA C22.2 No. 160-M1983 IEC 60598|
|Control Modes||Manual Intensity / Colour Temperature,
2 channel Intensity / Colour Temperature,
Memory 1 / 2,
|Hot Lumen Output||Up to 26,700 lm|
|Optics||High Efficiency Diffuser|
|Beam Distribution||Symmetrical Direct Illumination|
|CCT||2,800 - 6,000K (+/- 200K)|
|CRI||Up to 97|
|TM-30-18||Up to Rf 94, Rg 100|
|SSI||Up to 87|
|TLCI||Up to 97|
|Sound Level||24.6 dB|
|Lamp Life||L70 at 50,000 hours|
- CHSPFSY: Space Force Compl. Manual Offset Yoke with Hardware, BK
- CQ647-9013: Space Force Yoke Hardware Kit only for (without Yoke and Plates and Spigot)
- CQ647-9014: Mounting Plate for Space Force Yoke (CHSPFSY) Kit (W/O Yoke, W/O Hardware)
- CQ647-9015: Space Force Compl. Manual Low Profile Offset Yoke (included with Hardware)
- CQ647-9020: pace Force onebytwo™ Pole operated yoke
- CHSPFHB: Space Force octo Low Profile Hanging Bracket (CHSPFHBW - White)
- CHSPFMS: Space Force octo BK Mini Skirt, No Target Included
- CHSPFCK: Space Force octo Cyc Skirt, Includes A Target 1/2
- CHSPFSTK: Space Force octo Soft Target Kit - For Use With A Skirt Silk Or BK, Full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8
- CHSPFSL: Space Force octo Soft Lantern
- CHSPFSEC: Space Force octo Soft Egg Crate
- CHSPFPL: Space Force octo Protective Lens
- CHSPFB: Space Force octo 3-Way Bridle
- CHSPFLR: Space Force octo RF Lumenradio Kit (User Installed)
- CH889-9006: Cable 12/3 5-15P (Male Edison) to PowerCON TRUE1® SJTOOW Adapter 6'
- CHUSBLOADER2: Chroma-Q Uploader
- CQ650-9051: Space Force octo Soft Target Full Screen
- CQ650-9052: Space Force octo Soft Target 1/2 Screen
- CQ650-9053: Space Force octo Soft Target 1/4 Screen
- CQ650-9054: Space Force octo Soft Target 1/8 Screen